Pros and Cons of Buying Furniture Online
Buying furniture online could be risky as well as very beneficial. It all depends upon where you buy it from and how do you select your furniture. Three months ago, in the middle of redecorating my home, I bought a bunch of furniture online. The way I see it, the pros and cons are:
- Time: People don’t have a lot of time, and don’t want to waste the weekends running all around town looking for furniture. It saves some time for spending with your family.
- Cost: Prices are generally cheaper and you get the advantage of comparing the prices on the spot. Prices can be cheaper online with many discounts.
- Variety: Stores generally don’t have all the models and with online shopping you can come across different models.There are lot of options online. You don’t have to go to different stores.
- Delivery: The goods are delivered to your home, you don’t have to carry it. In some websites, if you reach a certain amount, you don’t even have to pay for delivery.You can get it delivered anywhere.You don’t have to carry it home. Delivered to your door stop quite a lot of furniture retailers also position the item in the house for you.
- More choosing and comparing options : You can compare prices and check through different providers.
- Place : You can purchase it from anywhere
- Risky deal: You’re buying an expensive product without seeing/ touching- risky! You are buying furniture which can be expensive without even seeing it or touching it so it could turn out to be something that you didn’t expect
- Different policies for repayment: I’m sure all the online stores don’t have the same policy but returning/ repayment would become be really difficult. If you have a problem with your furniture the returns process can be a lengthy and stressful experience.
- Quality: If you haven’t seen the furniture then you won’t know the quality it.
- Depth in Furniture knowledge: You should have knowledge about furniture.
- Fraudulent: You may get cheated if you don’t buy from a good company.
Pro Tip: At the end, what I did was this: I looked into the online stores, picked the furnitures that I liked. Then I went to the stores to see them. (because pictures on the websites can be tricky, and believe me they are)
After I made my choice, I bought the stuff online..
There are definitely more pros than cons. And according to my experience you might go for shopping furniture online.
There is a wider selection and you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home to browse or purchase. The prices are generally cheaper as well. The biggest disadvantage of buying furniture online is that you cannot determine the quality of furniture. Sometimes furniture looks good in the pics but when you actually received them it looks not worth the money. Also, the website credibility is the another issue as sometimes you are not sure whether the website is reliable or not for online transaction.
On the flip side buying furniture online has its on perks like you get some amazing deals, free home delivery and comfort of ordering with just one click without wasting your time to visit the store for a furniture.
Share your experience with us about your Online Shopping for Furniture.